We are Kat and Steve Turner. On 24th April 2012 we are flying one way to Christchurch, New Zealand, to begin our journey home to London on Hooch, our trusty (we hope!) tandem. In doing this, we expect to cover more than 30,000km and explore the 30 or so countries we will pass through on our way back. Why, we hear you cry! Well, we still can’t quite explain why we are doing this – but we will have 18 months to work that out. After reading copious books and blogs, we believe this trip is certainly possible in theory, however, we are aware (as friends have pointed out) that it is a long ol’ way. Please join us on our journey as we pedal out into the world and see what happens.
- Find out a bit more about us.
- Follow our ups and downs on our blog, from a his and her perspective.
- See our planned route and where we actually end up going (navigation is one of our weaker points)
- keep up-to-date through Facebook
- A charity we think really makes a difference
- Get in touch. Keep in touch. Advice, support, sponsorship – it’s all welcome! Please contact us.